A lot of people say that it is silly to invest in wooden toys since it’s not safe to play with since it is physically hard plus it’s more expensive than plastic toys.
But a lot us think that these are just regular toys but it can help develop many skills in a child who plays with them.
History of Wooden Toys
Wooden toys existed in the Greek and Roman Empires. The earliest toys discovered were made of wood- Terracotta dolls, horses, balls, wooden trains and tracks. In Egypt, there wooden beads and horses in the Middle Ages. There was the abacus too that was originally wood and the famous wooden alphabet blocks toys. So wooden toys seem to be as old as our civilization.
Benefits of Wooden Toys
1. They are really physically beautiful. I just love wooden toys look. They can even be decors in your child’s room.
2. Less chemicals unlike plastic toys.
3. More durable than plastic of course.
4. More expensive but value for money is really worth it. There cheaper alternatives now. Wooden puzzles range from 90-100 pesos.
5. They say that the toys grow with the child because of its durability.
6. They don’t go out of style.
7. Promotes creativity and creative play. The toys encourage role play and this means the use of really creative imagination.
8. Children become more aware of their hands when they play wooden toys. The weight and firmness of the wooden toys help a lot.
There are a lot more but the benefits mentioned above are the immediately seen.
We recently gave our eldest daughter a wooden kitchen play set on her 3rd birthday. It was nothing but perfect from the bonding time we spend assembling the kitchen set. I can see on her face how excited she was and how she was so happy with it. Even our little boy is enjoying it too.
This kitchen set and these type of pretend play teach kids how to perform and complete tasks and surprisingly they know what’s happening in the kitchen. They’re indeed the best observers and imitators. So be careful adult peeps, they’re watching you!
If you’re looking for quality wooden toys for kids Wooden Miggy has them for you. I know a lot of online sellers of wooden toys but Wooden Miggy is more than meets the eye. It is the brainchild of a mom who got the idea of selling wooden toys through her dream. She followed that inner voice that told her and started selling wooden toys. From being a corporate employee for 10 years, she decided to focus on taking care of the home and her child. Their everyday bonding and play time led them to finding joy in assembling wooden toy sets. It’s a business that grew out of love.
Wooden Miggy‘s toys range from cooking sets, kitchen play set, doll houses, car and car tracks, wooden dressers, tools, book shelves, toy shelves, and many more. They are reasonably priced compared to other wooden toy sellers.
Check out their products and what’s available in their Instagram account HERE. Don’t forget to follow them to be updated on the new items and discounted items.
We are actually enjoying the kitchen set as a family. The entire family gets involved during play time.
“Toys are children’s words and play is their language.” – GARRY L. LANDRETH, Play Therapy: The Art of the Relationship