And so it’s been a while since I wrote in my blog and actually cooked in the kitchen. So much writing jobs and so many things happening in the family that some things needed to take a backseat. Anyway, cooked something quick for the family. Again, like before, checked what’s available and fast to do and tada!
Corned Beef with pork and cabbage
- 1 can corned beef (medium can is okay. I used Purefoods)
- half a medium sized cabbage
- 1/4 kilo of cubed pork
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped small onion
- 1 cup of water
- potatoes – cubed
- Boil the pork cubes with salt and pepper until soft then set aside. This is around 10-15 mins from the time it starts to boil.
- Saute the onion
- Add the corned beef and fry
- Add the potatoes
- Add water
- Add the boiled pork
- Add salt and pepper
- Add the cabbage and let it simmer for 10-15 mins
- Serve and enjoy!
I actually cooked this while our 2 kids are actively playing around the kitchen. It’s easy and fast. Make sure you boil the pork first. So ideal for the busy people out there!
First we eat, then we do everything else. – M.F.K. Fisher