My first thought when I woke up today was to cook healthy food for the kids. As mentioned, our yaya cook is on long off from work so I’m one really tired mom now but I love it! Taking care of 2 kids 24/7 and the home and the husband is no joke. The most challenging job I’ve ever done (and I thought corporate was so difficult and add paying bills for myself and paying a car I bough for myself back then was so complicated).
So I decided to make one creamy pumpkin soup without the cream since it wasn’t available in our pantry. So I had to go for it and just cook how I think the soup will be healthy , simple, and delicious. It actually turned out pretty good! You can try this too!
- pumpkin – half of a medium-sized squash, cut into medium-sized cubes
- milk – use the one you prefer (skim milk or whole is okay), decide on how much you want when you start turning the pumpkin into its liquid form.
- (optional) onion – half of a medium-sized onion, chopped
- (optional) garlic- one small or 4 cloves of a medium-sized garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- appliance: blender
- In a pot, boil the cubed pumpkin and throw in the garlic and onion for about 10-15 mins. Check if it’s already soft.
- Drain the pumpkin (put the water aside) and put them in the blender in batches.
- Add the boiled water and milk little by little depending on how creamy or not creamy your soup is.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Share and enjoy!
I was surprised that the soup turned out to be creamy and I can serve it to a group of 10-12 people. The kids loved it! I think the garlic and onion added a little spice that’s good too but you can choose to remove them form the ingredients if you want.
I’m actually happy to back in the kitchen and put my cooking skills to practice again. Until my next kitchen adventure!
Pumpkins are rich in Vitamin A for vision, bone growth, and reproduction. It is said to cut the risk of having gallstones, controls blood pressure, and many others.
I’m happy to be back in the kitchen! Until my next kitchen adventure.