Sounds like a difficult recipe? Of course not! This dish is also known in the Philippines as Upo Guisado. Upo is known as bottle gourd or clabash.
Everything at home is becoming busier as our youngest is starting to be stronger and wants to move around the house. Going to run around soon for sure while our eldest, Chesca, is such a ball of lovely energy. Thankful for good health for everbody in our home.
So cooking meals should always be fast, simple, and healthy. Here’s another one you can cook at home for any occassion or as an everyday meal.
- 1 small bottle gourd (upo) or 1/2 of the big one, sliced
- Half kilo of ground pork
- 1 pc. tomato, cubed or sliced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small garlic, crushed or chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking oil
- 1-2 cups water
- Fish sauce
1. Sauté garlic, onion, and tomato
2. Add the groundcpork. Cook for 3-5 minutes
3 . Add water and let it boil.Add the upo. Stir and then cook for 5 minutes.
4. Season with ground black pepper and fish sauce then add water if you want.
5. Cook for 2 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!
“Apron is just a cape on backwards..”