Another healthy recipe for everyone who wants a change in their daily home’s menu. It looks hard to do but it took me less than 30 minutes to do this.
I had to use what’s available in our pantry. I’m happy I now learned to substitute ingredients and how to make more sense of the dish I’m cooking. I’m not an expert cook so this is quite something for me especially I cook for those people who are deearest to me.
Here’s my take on stir-fried mushroom and broccoli with some tasty sauce (gotta learn how to be more creative in naming my dishes).
Broccoli is a good source of Vitamin C and Vitamin K- plays a key role in helping the blood clot, preventing excessive bleeding) !
- 3-4 tablespoons muscovado sugar (supposedly brown but since I have this for my coffee fix everyday, why not use this instead)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-4 cups of water (depending how watery or creamy the sauce will be)
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 medium head broccoli
- mushrooms (you nay use canned ones that are sliced or the stems, some.use shitake mushroom too), 1 medium can
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Half a medium onion
- Pour oil and fry the mushrooms
- Add salt and pepper then after 2 minutes add the onion
- After 2-3 minutes add the broccoli then stir
- Add this mixture then mix (prepare beforehand): water, cornstarch, muscovado or brown sugar
- Stir and let it simmer for 2-4 minutes until it has a thicker consistency
- Share and enjoy!
Cooking definitely becomes easy and fun when you’re cooking for the ones you love.