We originally planned an out of town trip before I give birth. But 32-33 weeks seemed to be too close to my due date so we had to cancel our original plan since it was supposed to be a 4 or 5-hour land trip. We didn’t want to risk having a preterm labor far from the hospital and doctor.
So for Mother’s day, advanced birthday celebration for me, and advance 4th year anniversary for us we stayed in Discovery Suites for a few days with the little girl. It was our time to bond away from home.
This hotel has been part of my life ever since I was in high school. I had a few seminars here back then on some modeling projects and made so much good friends. We also stayed here on the night before our wedding (almost 4 years ago) where a surprise midnight shower was prepared by my closest friends who also stayed in the hotel the night before our wedding. Now, we’re making more memories with our little girl and boy (still in my tummy at the moment).
Shots of the hotel from our wedding preps:
Why we love and enjoy this hotel?
- Staff are genuinely friendly and accommodating. They greet you in the elevator, hallways, and other common areas of the hotel.
- I was assisted immediately for check in since I was pregnant and didn’t have to line up (the perks 😉 )
- Our requests were attended to as soon as possible every time.
- We had several requests (additional things in the kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom) yet no additional charges and everyone who went to deliver them to our room were very helpful and friendly too.
- Rooms are very spacious and comfortable.
- We’re happy with the hotel’s security. They even assist food deliveries and butler service deliver the food to the room themselves to keep the security monitored.
- Even during peak seasons or holidays, they have efficient service and staff.
- Buffet choices and restaurants in the hotel are all good- Serendipity Lounge and 22 Prime.
- The hotel is across a mall (The Podium) and other nearby malls includes SM Megamall, Shangrila Mall, and Robinson’s Mall where you can walk and shop.
- There are nearby churches too – St. Francis of Assisi along Shaw Blvd and EDSA Shrine along EDSA and Ortigas Ave.
- They have a cute kiddie room for playing with free drinks.
- Their pool is not so big yet with free coffee and they provide towels you can bring to the room (unlike in some hotels).
- Price is very reasonable as compared to other hotels. It’s a really good 4-star hotel with kitchen in the room. They have good packages when they launch promos during special occasions like what we got last Mother’s Day. You also get the feel of being in your home but in a hotel setting.
If it’s staycation you want with a big family or several family members and you want your experience to go a long way with your budget, this place is definitely it. Plus your patronizing a local business which is good for our economy.
I’d say we’ll definitely be back with our little boy too 🙂
“Away is a place where it’s not about the money you spend. It’s about the moments you share.”
25 ADB Ave., Ortigas Center, Pasig, 1600 Metro Manila, Philippines