Usual summer days are so hot and humid now. Cooking and baking with all the heating appliances add to the sweat and summer heat. So I try as much to avoid prolonged use of the oven.
Craved for something chocolatey but healthier option without the need to use the oven so I don’t make the home hotter than it usually is the past weeks of summer. So I tried this quick recipe which requires minimal heat (of course there’s still heat involved). Healthier with oatmeal as a dominant ingredient. So here it is:
- half cup butter
- half cup milk
- 1-1 1/2 cups sugar (depending how sweet you want it)
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
- 3 1/2 cups of raw quick cooking oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla flavor
- 1/4- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- In a pan / pot, mix butter, milk, sugar, and cocoa together and bring to a boil.
- Add oatmeal, vanilla flavor, and peanut butter and you may turn off heat at once while continuously mixing until well mixed.
- Drop spoonfulls in a wax paper or foil. Then let it cool for an hour.
- Share and enjoy! 🙂
“Dessert is like a feel-good song and the best ones make you dance.” – Chef Edward Lee