Here’s another Filipino dish. I’m still keeping all my recipes and cooking simple since there’s so much stuff to do and the home is busy as usual plus I’m getting heavier by the day (hahaha!). With by due date just around the corner, everyday becomes hectic and busier than ever.
This is usual and easy for most cooking people out there but this is still not a dish that we prepare everyday in a typical Filipino household.
So here’s sharing my simple recipe. Again, these are ingredients readily available in our kitchen. Enjoy your homemade lumpia! 🙂
- 1 kilo of ground beef (you may use pork)
- 1 medium onion, chopped into small pieces (if you have a food processor, better)
- 1 medium carrots, chopped into small pieces (you may again use the food processor for this)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup parsley, minced (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- lumpia wrapper, medium (you can buy this in groceries and supermarkets)3 to 6 cups cooking oil (depending on how big or small you frying pot is)
1. Mix well all these ingredients together – onion, carrots, parsley, salt, ground black pepper, raw egg, beef.
2. After combining well, wrap about 1 to 1½ tablespoons of the mixture in a lumpia wrapper. Do this until you finish all the mixture.
Here’s a simple guide on how to wrap:
Take a lumpia wrapper and put 1- 2 tablespoons of the mixture at the center. Fold the outer edges of the lumpia wrapper in then roll into a cylinder. Wet your finger, and moisten the tip to seal.
3. Heat your cooking oil in your frying pot then deep fry the lumpia for 3-7 minutes (depending how big or small or hot the pot is). Be careful not to burn the lumpia.
4. Remove the lumpia then let the oil drip or remove the excess oil by putting in on a dish with kitchen tissue so it will absorb the oil.
5. After a few minutes, transfer to a serving plate.
6. Share and Enjoy!
*** Best served with sweet and sour sauce or some use ketchup.
“Make the simple things beautiful.”