One cheesy simple snack or meal for the family or when you have visitors around. There are many variations of mac n’ cheese but I adjusted some stuff to suit whatever is available in our kitchen.
- 250g macaroni
- 3-5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2-3 tablespoons flour
- 500ml milk (regular or non-fat will do)
- cheddar cheese to taste, grated (depends how cheesy you want it to be)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the macaroni according to the pack’s instructions then drain and set aside.
- In a separate pot, heat the butter (or margarine)
- Add flour and black pepper. Mix. Cook on a low heat, stirring all the time for a minute.
- Add the milk while mixing and bring to the a boil.
- Add cheddar cheese.
- Add the drained pasta and mix well.
- Serve while hot! Enjoy!
*** You may add bacon bits as toppings or other vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, corn, and other for a twist.
Affordable, easy, and quick! 🙂
“Cooking well doesn’t mean cooking fancy.”- Julia Child