For the busy bees of this world, this one’s for you. It looks complicated to do but really, it’s not! We live in a world of express and instant things and once in a while it feels good to do things on your own and prepare something for yourself, family, or friends. This recipe is ideal when you have visitors over for snacks / merienda.
You can make this bread pizalette with just 4 simple ingredients. I’m keeping all my ingredients easy to find and and easy to prepare because I love practical and easy recipes!
Here’s a little piece of Italian cuisine that you can personally prepare and serve.
- 8-10 pcs white tasty bread (I also tried wheat bread for the healthier option)
- tomato sauce (plain or any variant out in the groceries and supermarkets. I chose the tomato sauce sweet style variant)
- cheddar cheese (you may use mozarella too. But I just tried regular cheddar cheese)
- ham, chopped into squares (depending on your choice of ham but I chose the regular sweet ham when I first prepared this)
- cheese grater
- toaster or oven
- Put the bread flat on a tray or clean surface. Spread a spoonful or a little more of the tomato sauce.
- Grate the cheese on top of the bread. Enough to almost cover the top layer with tomato sauce.
- Put the ham on top of the each bread (5-6 slices)
- For toaster: put in the bread pizzalettes then leave for 8-10 minutes. For oven: pre-heat the oven at 175° celsius then put in the bread pizalettes. Leave for 5-8 minutes.
- Serve in a plate or clean tray.
*** You may also add other ingredients depending on what you want. You can add sausages, chicken, peppers, chili, sardines, other types of ham, and many more.
*** Best served with natural fruit juices
In cooking, you must let your imagination and creativity flow too. You can mix and match ingredients to create your own meals or snacks everyday. Your creativity is your guide all the time.
Cooking is a passion and an art. Always enjoy and have fun then flavors will follow your moods 🙂