And so I craved for some fries and decided to cook them myself. This one’s really easy. I just grabbed whatever is instantly available in the kitchen. Nothing fancy, just basic fries.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 medium potatoes (peel,cut in wedges or sticks)
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Soak the potatoes cut in wedges / sticks in cold water while preparing the rest of the ingredients and cooking tools.
2. Mix the flour and salt in a bowl or separate container.
3. Heat the oil in a pan. Make sure cooking oil is enough to submerge the potatoes for deep frying.
4. Coat the potatoes with the flour-salt mixture.
5. Deep fry the coated potatoes. Cook until golden brown.
6. You may let it cool on a sheet of kitchen tissue paper to drain the extra oils from frying.
*** You may add extra flavors to the fries like barbecue, cheese, sour cream, or whatever you desire.