Another new week in the first month of 2019 and we’re back to hustling- work, fitness and health, errands, and everything else. We have so much in mind to accomplish as we start this year but before we can do anything outside the house, we have to fix our household first like having healthy meals and cleaning the home (Netflix’s Tidying Up series got me too like a lot of Netflix watchers).
To start the articles in my blog this year, let me start with simple ones. I think I haven’t shared this staple and regular food at home that our little girl loves to eat. Instead of fried chicken, she developed a love for turbo-broiled rosemary chicken.
As always, we keep everything easy and as fast as we can in the kitchen. Sharing this one for moms and dads who have busy schedules. You can prepare this easily and leave it cooking while you’re doing something else.
Turbo broiling food is prwtty much healthy since we don’t use oils to cook the food for this recipe. It’s like an oven but smaller and doesn’t cook both two sides of the meat at once though. It actually removes the oil from the chicken as we cook it. Aside from the fact that it’s convenient to use, a turbo broiler is also portable and easy to bring around cooking appliance, if needed. You may even cook steak in a trubo broiler and there are a lot more recipes you can do with it but here’s one.
Turbo-Broiled Rosemary Chicken
- 1/2 kg or 4-6 pcs. chicken wings or thighs
- salt and pepper
- turbo broiler
1. Thaw chicken wings or chicken thighs. These are the chicken parts I recommend for better taste and flavor unlike the other chicken parts like the breast and leg parts.
2. Season with salt and a little pepper. Best to use your clean hands when spreading all over and to make sure all sections are covered.
3. Add and sprinkle the rosemary (these are readily available in supermarkets and groceries) and mix.
4. Leave for 15-30 minutes. You may poke all–around the chicken with a fork so the flavor will seep through more in the chicken parts.
1. In a round baking pan or ceramic pan, put the seasoned chicken parts.
2. Set the turbo broiler to Roast setting for 15-20mins.
3. Turn the chicken parts over to cook the other side. Set to another 20 mins still at Roast setting.
4. Add more time if you wish to cook the chicken more and achieve a crispier chicken skin. Remove chicken, serve, and enjoy!
*** Best served with hot rice and hot soup
“You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients.” – Julia Child