Since I became a mom 2 years ago I became sensitive and more aware of what’s happening around me. I know I have this big mission to give my kids the best possible protection and guidance as they grow up and become more aware of their surroundings.
One thing we can teach them is to love their environment and take part (however small it may be) in taking good care of it. It’s how we take care of God’s creation for a sustainable and bright future for our children’s children. Today, I notice a lot of children suffer from a lot of lung illnesses and allergies that are related to the dirt and pollution around us. Cough and colds are usual viruses now even in kids and babies too. As able individuals, we can do something to make things happen if we unite. We can keep trying and pass this urge and awareness to the younger generations too.
Today, March 25 is Earth Hour, a worldwide blackout will take place including major landmarks around the world like the Empire State, Eiffel Tower, Bukingham Palace, and many others to participate in this demonstration of support for action for the climate change we are all experiencing in this world.
This started ten years ago and it became a yearly thing for some to be small heroes to our planet. This is popularized by WWF (World Wide Fund) with a strong conviction to Change Climate Change.
What can you do today at 8:30pm to 9:30pm? Here are some things you can do:
1. Change your profile pictures in your social media accounts temporarily to Earth Hour’s filter to create nore awareness and call more people to unite.
2. At 8:30pm today until 9:30pm, turn off all lights in your home. Not totally though. You may leave some dim and few lights open to avoid accidents if you totally turn them off.
3.Some people use candles for an hour but this is risky for accidents may happen and we don’t want having accidents as we unite for a better cause. If you will use candle, do not leave them unattended and use tea candles since ng are safer thank those longer ones.
4. You may also donate your social feed– click here to know more about it.
5. Relax and nap for an hour without lights.
6. Exercise in the dark or with dim lights. A yoga session or walk in an exercise machine or perhaps go walking around and out of the house.
7. Meditate and pray in silence or with music.
8. Have a candlelight dinner for a change in your home or anywhere else.
These are just a few but the possibilities are endless. Be creative and participate and be one with everyone around the world.
Why are we doing this again? It is a good way to contribute to mother Earth and reduce our carbon footprint. We can even save a little from our electric bill. It’s a reminder to conserve and preseeve our environment.
Let’s do this and be united for this beautiful cause for our planet!
“Heal the world.Make it a better place. For you and for me and the entire human race…”